1. If you drive to work, start parking your car further away from the entrance — Those extra steps each day will add up! If you have the choice, opt to take the stairs over hopping on the elevator to up your step count as well.
2. At your desk, switch your chair out for an exercise ball to work your core throughout the day— Standing desks are also an increasingly trendy option in offices, so try standing for at least a couple of hours a day. Standing works more muscles than sitting all day and it can help your posture by preventing you from slouching.
3. Stretch —Taking the time to stretch at your desk can help you improve your posture, reduce back and neck pain, and help you feel more awake and energized throughout the day. Pausing during the day to give your body a much needed stretch can be a great mental break, too.
4. Wear an activity tracker — You can set your trackers to alert you to get moving throughout the day. Every time the alarm goes off, get up and go for a quick walk around the building, to the water cooler, or even the long route to the bathroom.
5. Start an in-office fitness challenge — Nothing like a little friendly competition to motivate you! Being surrounded by others trying to make healthy choices also makes it easier to stay on-track yourself. Perhaps you can organize a group walk at lunchtime, or the team member who walks the most miles in one week wins a prize.
And don’t forget that just because the weather is changing, you don’t have to give up the comfort of your OOFOS!
Shop some of our Fall Picks to keep you Feeling the OO:
OOmg Fibre for Men
OOmg Fibre for Women
OOcloog Sport for Men